The holidays are a time of celebration, connection, and community and they are to be enjoyed. BUT between the abundance of food, the dynamics of family, and the spiritual connection to these important holidays, balancing YOUR wellness during this time can be difficult.
To help you prepare for a healthy, balanced holiday season – I’ve put together a set of tools that will help support YOU in achieving your wellness goals.
Here are my five tips to keep you on track with your wellness and fitness goals:
- WHOOSAH – Decide not to react impulsively, but thoughtfully respond when faced with challenging situations. Respond in a way that is best for your peace of mind and wellbeing. Remember: It’s OK to say no to any situation that you feel is not the best for you.
- EAT TO WIN – Let’s face it, during the holiday season comforting carbs are a go-to pick for many. If there ever was a silver bullet to crushing cravings for sugars and carbohydrates and overcoming hunger, spinach extract is the real deal. One glass of water with spinach extract in the morning can work wonders for controlling your appetite.
- LEAVE THE LEFTOVERS – If you’re celebrating a holiday meal with family, enjoy it. BUT do not take home any leftovers. Leftovers can drag you in a cycle of overeating and overindulgence, especially at a time of year that has emotional connotations for many of us.
- LEG WORKOUTS – If you’re strapped for workout time during the holidays, choose leg workouts. Your leg muscles are the largest in your body and therefore require more blood flow and calories to get them moving, meaning you get more fat burning for the time you put in.
- UNDERSTAND THE FACTS – While the holidays can be a potential minefield for your fitness goals and your waistline, the truth is, according to a study by National Institutes of Health, it turns out that most people only gain 0.81lbs over the holidays. So don’t freak out, it may not be as bad as you think. Kick back, relax, enjoy your time with family and friends.
If you put the letters together they spell WELL U! Life is busy. Get your Mind, Body and Spirit back on track. No matter who you are or where you’re at in life, we all deal with stress. Plans change frequently and family dynamics can be tough. Make your goal this season to AND your time off to get rest, refreshed and renewed, so that you can start 2022 with your wellness intact and ready to take on the new year!